Saturday, August 20, 2016

TITHE

*********************************************************************
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
*********************************************************************
The word tithe does not seem to be mentioned so often in churches these days or perhaps I am just not aware.

Nevertheless, I would share with you a tithing story because there is such muscle for the soul in its telling.

A medical doctor who shall remain unnamed once each ten years spends one whole year in Africa ministering to the needs of sick natives there.

Hew explains this unusual time management in the following manner.

“I was taught to tithe and so I tithe one whole year each ten. I tithe my skills as well as my money and I feel the better for it.”

Be a co-worker with God is one way of putting it.

Can you read? Take some time to read the blind or near blind.

Can you drive? Take some time to shop for someone old or sick or both.

Can you listen? Take some time to just sit with someone overcome with misery and listen. It will ease their pain not because you make some deep philosophical theological statement but rather because you show you care.
******************************************************************
CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE OF NEIL’S WRITINGS ON HIS OTHER BLOG
http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/
********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment