Wednesday, August 10, 2016

LOVE!…PLEASE DO NOT LET GO OF ME

******************************
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
******************************
In the 1930’s, Roland Hayes, a gifted negro singer, stood before a hostile Nazi audience in Berlin’s Beethoven Hall.

As he tried to sing, they called him every dirty name that his race had ever endured.
In telling of the incident, he says “Resentment began to swell up inside me. I began to feel toward them what they felt toward me, and then, for some strange reasons, I remembered a sermon I heard as a little boy.

The old minister standing there in the pulpit in my old home church, talking about Jesus before Pilate. About the angry crowd and the insults…and hoe he said…
“They pushed Jesus, they pushed Him real hard, but He never said a word, never a mumblin’word.”

And remembering His love, his forgiveness, I looked out at the crowd booing, hissing, insulting and I prayed silently, quietly, intently.
For ten minutes they never let up.

For ten minutes, I prayed not to become like them.

Then slowly, they quit and when it was quiet, I began to softly sing a song of Shubert.”

I first heard when I was still a boy and I never forgot it. I had gotten quite angry and my father who was the most patient man I ever met said it to me, “Son, just remember…you can tell the size of a man by the size of the thing that makes him mad.”

And so I learned early to let patience overwhelm me rather than anger...and how this lesson has saved a lot of pain for me and those around me.
**********************************************************
Corinthians 13:4-5
“Love is patient, love is kind. it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.”
**********************************************************
CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE OF NEIL’S WRITINGS ON HIS OTHER BLOG

http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/ **************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment