Saturday, August 27, 2016

THE GREAT GOD SAG

*********************************************************************
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE
*********************************************************************
The following story isn’t about what I did…but what the big “we” can accomplish by persistent consistently having a goal and never giving up on it. In all the areas of life. Or as this close out points out a warning about the great god Sag.

Fifty six years ago I came to Miami to start a new church in a school building. We had 8 people at our first service.

I had a dream…that we would grow…and we did. When I left to began traveling around the world as an evangelist we had over 400 in attendance each morning and close to 800 members…and how did that happen? By persistent consistent effort.

I got in and out of my car to knock on doors so many times…I wore out an unnumbered number of seat colors, broke the window twice from constant slamming the door (actually, one day it just fell off. I put it in the back seat and kept on calling.)

I kept the tire companies exceedingly happy as I wore out set after set of tires. I can still remember what I said when someone would come to the door, “Good morning (or afternoon, or evening) “My name is Neil Wyrick. I’m the minister at Palmetto Presbyterian Church” (which at this time was a rented school room on Sunday morning at South Miami Elementary School)

(We make a point of welcoming new people in our community to worship with us.) (I kept track of each and every For Sale Sign and when it went down I knew new folk had moved in)

THE POINT IS THAT I NEVER LET UP…AND NEITHER DID OTHER MEMBERS IN THE CONGREGATION…PERSISTENTLY CONSISTENTLY WE HAD A GOAL WE PURSUED DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY.

And this works in other areas of a life.

You need to improve your relationship with a friend, family member or even an enemy…then practice love persistently consistently in word and deed…day after day after day…and you will be amazed at the results.

Find you faults and persistently consistently pray to rid yourself of them…day after day after day…and you will be amazed at the results.

There is an alternative, of course…you can worship the great God Sag.

His teachings are, of course, persistent and consistent, “Give up on today, yesterday and tomorrow. Just sit and sag and die inside.”
*********************************************************************
CLICK BELOW TO READ MORE OF NEIL’S WRITINGS ON HIS OTHER BLOG
 http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/ *********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment