Wednesday, March 2, 2016

ONE LINERS FOR YOUR SOUL

ONE LINERS FOR THE SOUL

       THIS IS A NEW ADDITION TO the ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS blog

       Take this seed of a thought and turn it into a wisdom tree.

A SIGNATURE OF "NO"

A race never started is a race never won.


THE BATTLE OF MEMORIES
 
These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)

(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

(Have you considered sharing this site with a friend?)

To view my other blog Wyricks’ Writings 
 
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL

Have you ever stopped to think that when the Mississippi River floods it is really not so much doing a bad thing as it is doing a memory thing.

Engineers, a long time ago,
straightened it out in many places to make way for farms and the adjoining farm houses. And it works, or at least most of the time it works.

That is until it rains too much.

Then the Mississippi River starts remembering. Remembering where it used to go and what do you know, memory takes over.

One thing is for sure, good memories need to be preserved just like bad memories need to be used as teachers and then not agonized over.

I learned just the other day that in parts of Atlanta they no longer teach to high schoolers history about anything that happened before 1900.

As if nothing important, like founding this nation ever happened, or the Civil War to preserve this nation ever happened, or the years of my father who was born in 1890 ever happened.

Being absent minded is frustrating. Forgetting to teach yesteryears on purpose so there is no memory of them is downright sinful.

How does that old saying go? Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it. If no one is taught history, they just keep on making the same mistakes over and over again.

I sit down inside my Memory Factory from time to time and bring up good memories to be thankful for.

They do my insides good.

I remember a first grade teacher who every year until I left elementary school would come to our new class and tell a story. Usually a funny little story - always a story to teach a lesson.

I was born in the flat lands so I remember the first time I saw a mountain, and it was love at first sight.

I remember my first real friendship and the first time someone went out of their way to help me.

I remember mother and daddy sacrificing so I could have all kind of educational opportunities.

Oh, the list is long and sometime bad memories intrude while I’m at it, but when that happens, yes I try to learn from them.

Have you ever thought of the Disciples as walking memory factories?

They were, you know.

Remembering and sharing and teaching about this Son of God they met and followed and knew was raised from the dead.

Remembered all the good things He did and all the good things he said, all the healing and helping, and couldn’t shut up about it.

That is what evangelism is all about, isn’t it? Remembering with a capital R and then sharing.

Mat 11:28 “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Below are recent Titles on my other blog “LIFE IS NOT WHAT IT IS BUT WHAT YOU MAKE IT”. To interact with them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
 
 
Or CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
  http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment