Tuesday, January 6, 2015

PRAYER...THE GREAT AVENUE TO GOD

 
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 900 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.

To Visit neil's other blog Wyrick's Writings click on the following  
 

+++++++++++

I have spent a lifetime praying and reading others who have done the same and seek to share such wondrous moments. I meld my thoughts with such great and gracious thoughts as a quote from the book by Tim Hansel "When I Feel Guilty."

He writes about what many people want from God...and yes having read it...ask yourself what you want from God.

"I would like to buy $3.00 worth of God, please. Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep, but just enough to equal a cup of warm milk or a snooze in the sunshine.

I don't want enough of Him to make me love a black man or pick beets with a migrant. I want ecstasy, not transformation; I want the warmth of the womb, not a new birth. I want a pound of the Eternal in a paper sack. I would like to buy $3.00 worth of God, please."

Prayer? It is the one place our independence seeks dependence. Whether we are thanking God or pleading our case before His throne of mercy, we are in essence saying, “Here am I, Lord, take me.”

And if you say to me, “I try to pray, really I do, but I just can’t concentrate on anything for very long, even God,” I would reply, “Don’t try to conquer a mountain until you have learned how to climb a hill.”

Work on a moment, just one moment, before you extend to a minute, and when you have mastered that then try two minutes – you get the picture.

To enlarge your capacity for things of the spirit you must learn to decrease the time you spend thinking on things less worthy of your thoughts.

And do not fear to turn your life over to God. . Another way of putting it, “Be as bold in prayer as the first person to ever eat an oyster.” (rewrite of a quote by Shirley Grisholm)

I like to call what I am talking about “The Building of a Prayer Fence” A prayer fence to protect ourselves from our worst selves.

We usually know our own particular weaknesses; the places where we have far less control than we would like.

Places where we speak before we think and act before we consider what is wise or prudent. So, visualize a fence, this prayer fence that will keep in your best and keep out your worst.

And believe that if something is worth praying for once, it is worth praying for again and again. Jesus makes no bones about this holy truth. He actually tells us to set up the habit of repeated prayers. “Pray without ceasing.”

Or as An early Greek theologian, Clement of Alexandria, put it, “Prayer is keeping company with God.” And yes, we always become more like whoever we keep company


VISIT NEIL'S OTHER BLOG


"""""""""""""""""""""

TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING



To order Neil's 9th book THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN click on the following http://www.magnuspress.com/
Youu will also find many other innovative books at this Magnus Publishing Site

QUOTES ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL INSPIRING INFORMATIVE BELOW

"The Spiritual Abraham Lincoln is an extremely well written book that investigates what might be termed the spiritual side of President Lincoln. It's both scholarly and very readable. I came away impressed at Mr. Wyrick's portrayal of the President and with an altered and enlarged vision of the man:'

William Hoffman, Award winning fiction writer; author of Blood and Guile, and Wild Thorn

"Positive, powerful utterances...skillfully enhancing our understanding and appreciation of Lincoln, while revealing the divine source of his strength"

Lt. Colonel C.A. Olsen (Ret.), Asbury College (Professor retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment