Tuesday, November 24, 2009

THE CALL OF GET OR GIVE

These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)
the best you’ve got anyway.

Once upon a time, in the deepest, darkest, most unsacred part of Hell, the Devil called a committee meeting of his most important servants. As they all sat down around this personification of evil, he began to speak, “I want to destroy the world, and if you have any ideas on how to do it, I want to hear them.”

Immediately Anger jumped to his feet and said, “Let me go and set brother against brother, child against parent, stranger against stranger. This will do the job.”

But then Lust sprang to his feet and said, “Anger may do the job, but I will do it more quickly. Let me defile the minds of men. Let me fill their thoughts with the most destructive of passions. Let me make them lose all self-control. If you want the job done, let me do it.”

In quick succession, Gluttony and Drunkenness, the twins of Hell, presented their case. Then Envy, Jealousy and Hate each had their turn.
Finally the last assistant, who had come in late, rose and refused to apologize for his lateness grumbled, “I will tell you how to destroy the world. Let me go and tell every person, in ways they cannot help but understand, what God would have them do.

Let me persuade them to show love, practice kindness, give forgiveness. Let me speak to them of strong faith and great prayer and dedicated lives. Let me remind them that their Father in heaven would have them to be honest, clean and brave.”

There was great puzzlement in the room as all the other assistants looked at the speaker as if they thought he had lost his mind, and hadn’t tried to find it. One even rose to his feet and suggested that their cohort be assigned to a padded cell.

But the Devil motioned for the assistant to go on, and so he continued. “However, having told them all of this, I would then convince them that there was no hurry. That all these things could be achieved, tomorrow. That they should wait until conditions are more favorable.”

At this point the Devil rose from his seat, walked over and put his hand on his assistant’s shoulder and said, “You, Procrastination, the job is yours. You shall be the one to go to earth to destroy mankind. ”

Recent Titles on “WYRICK’S WRITINGS SITE”…
LIFE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FOREVER, (Nov 11)
AN UNEXPECTED HIGHWAY TO SUCCESS (Nov 4) ARE YOU SNIFF AND SNUFF OR HEM AND HAW? (Nov 1)

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment