Sunday, November 8, 2009

ASPIRE TO PRESPIRE FOR A CAUSE WORTH THE PRESPIRATION

(These thoughts are added to each day. Scroll down and read previous One A Days.)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

The statue of a woman named Frances stands in Washington, D.C. When she was 18 she said, “I will spend my coming years in being somebody.”

Years later, she wrote, “I have been called ambitious, and so I am; if to have had from childhood the sense of being born for a great purpose is an element of ambition. For I never knew what it was not to aspire, not to believe myself capable of heroism.

I have always wanted to react upon the world about me to the utmost ounce of my power, to be widely known, loved and believed in. I did not wish to climb by the over throw of others, and I laid no schemes to undermine them, but I wanted to be my very utmost.

I felt that a woman owed it to all other women to live as bravely and as helpfully and grandly as she could, and to let the world know it.”

She became the leader of the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union at a time when women, like children, were expected to be good and be silent. She was never this.

She became the best known woman in the English speaking world during the 19th century. She did not lose herself in herself. She lost herself in a cause.

One cynic wrote, “Neither an egg nor an ego is any good until you break it.” But that isn’t true, you know. And Jesus never believed this nor taught it.

He asks not that we break our ego or kill our pride, but that we control it. How did that scripture go, “Whosoever exalted himself shall be abased, but whosoever humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

Truly big people don’t need medals or applause. They work just as hard in the face of criticism as they do with the wealth of praise. They lose themselves in a cause, give themselves to God without a lot of excess baggage, don’t have time to worry about what people are saying.

Francis spent her life not in search of a statue but in search of the kind of statue that stands for beings ones best.

The Following was posted SUNDAY on the “WYRICK’S WRITINGS SITE”… A LEFT OVER GOD

Have you visited my “Life Is Not What It Is But What You Make It” site. Go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”.
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment