Saturday, September 9, 2017

CONSCIENCE…AT WHAT VOLUME


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 700 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.

Visit Neil’s other blog Wyrick’s Writings

Click below to go to the blog


The Galilee Gallery
and other•
NEW TESTAMENT CHARACTERS
You OUGHT TO KNOW BETTER
Series

+++++++++++++++++

Myself

I have to live with myself, and so

I want to be fit for myself to know,

I want to be able, as days go by,

Always to look myself straight in the eye;

I don't want to stand, with the setting sun,

And hate myself for the things I've done.

I don't want to keep on the closet shelf

A lot of secrets about myself,

And fool myself, as I come and go,

Into thinking that nobody else will know

The kind of a man I really am;

I don't want to dress up myself in sham.

I want to go out with my head erect,

I want to deserve all men's respect;

But here in the struggle for fame and pelf

I want to be able to like myself.
I don't want to look at myself and know

That I'm bluster and bluff and empty show.

I can never hide myself from me;

I see what others may never see;

I know what others may never know,

I never can fool myself, and so,

Whatever happens, I want to be

Self-respecting and conscience free.

Unknown author

Wasting a life is not difficult. It comes easily to all of us at one time or the other. Judas had his price, thirty pieces of silver. And a modern day Judas sells his soul for a new important title at work or a raise in pay; a muting of morality and quite soon it becomes a “labor that does not satisfy.”


May I over simplify. It is God that makes a conscience live and sin that makes a conscience die.

THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN

“A book superior in style and content)

Quote from book below

How spiritual was Lincoln? Well, look at how often he worked God into both his conversations and speeches. He was not the only President to mention prayers to the Almighty on a regular basis, but what is important is how comfortable he seemed in doing it. A single reminder of an isolated spiritual moment would make it impossible to build a case for spirituality. With Lincoln this is never a problem, for this giant of a man had a giant on-going sense of soul equal to his physical presence.

“I invite the people of the United States… to invoke the influence of His Holy Spirit…”3 It is well to remember that the man behind this national proclamation also wrote that he had a solemn oath registered in heaven to finish his work. But why not? This, after all, was a man who at Gettysburg, with Generals and other men of good counsel all around, still fell to his knees in prayer, and thereby, found “sweet comfort” 4 creeping into his soul.

A secular humanist will be less than happy with these observations because it reminds us that Abraham Lincoln was a man of moral absolutes. That he knew the difference between right and wrong and agonized over them. Anyone who has a love affair with anarchy has to be unhappy with a president who did not believe that if it feels good then it must be okay.


A Quote FROM Rev. Wyrick’s 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN”



Purchase from the author an autographed copy.

If you would like a short PERSONALIZED comment before the signature such as “To Mary”…or “happy birthday Mark” …or “Hope you enjoy reading this”…just enclose your wish along with a check for $10 (free shipping and handling) to:

And receive a bonus, Neil Poor Richard’sAlamanack for the 20th century (written as if Ben Franklin had come back to life in the 20th century was making commentary on what he was seeing.)

Send donation check to…
Pageantry Inc., The Church Without Walls”
7430 SW 59th Street
Miami, Florida 33143

No comments:

Post a Comment