Wednesday, September 18, 2013

EVERYBODY…THIS IS JIMMY

If you would like to share this blog with a friend copy paste and send this blog by email
or
keep this URL
IN YOR FAVORITES
and suggest they do the same
They re changed daily
*********************************

This story is about a young man named Jimmy.
The minister who knew him tells it this way, “Jimmy was twenty-two though no bigger than a lad of fifteen. He could still work circles around the other men on the docks.

And Jimmy had something besides his wiry energy and strengty. He had soul, that special quality that makes a man hungry to feed the inner man.

Every day at noon, he’d go to our chapel and pray. When I got to know him better, I asked this rough young stevedore what he prayed.

He replied, “Well, pastor, I just bow my head and say ‘Jesus, this is Jimmy.” And then I just wait.”

Several days after I had spoken with him, I heard the siren of an ambulance and rushed to the docks to see who had been hurt.

It was Jimmy.

He’d fallen forty feet from some scaffolding and it had broken his neck.

As I looked down at his lifeless form I could almost envision Jimmy in heaven with Christ’s arm around his should…and looking at all the heavenly host gathered round…saying….”Everybody, this is Jimmy.”

***************************************************************
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? “ John 14:1-2

***************************************************************
To view the blog that has the serialization
OF HIS NOVEL “RUST ON MY SOUL” 
and innovative thoughts
on a variety of subjects
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/ **************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment