Wednesday, September 15, 2010

IN GODS WAY AND TIME

*********************************************************
A new thought and story is added daily.
*********************************************************
If you would like to share this blog with a friend, go to the bottom and click on TELL A FRIEND
*********************************************************
There is a story told about Samuel Morse, the inventor of the telegraph, and how he almost didn’t have the chance to perfect this means of communication.

For years he had worked on this use of electricity, putting all his energy and finances into its completion until both were drained dry.


The bill was introduced in Congress to underwrite further efforts that the country might have its use.

On the day the bill was introduced, Samuel Morse sat in the gallery all day long and through the evening, and late that night two senators came to him and told him that it looked pretty hopeless.

Samuel tells the story himself, he says, “I walked out into the streets of Washington with the work of a lifetime hanging in the balance, and repeated to myself something I had always believed and practiced, “I know from whence my help commeth, my help commeth from the Lord.”.
The next day he was informed his bill had been lumped with a number of others and had passed just before the midnight deadline.


And then there were those dark days in 1982 when my left arm hung limp and dead and paralyzed and I said to myself, “I know from whence my help commeth, my help commeth from the Lord.” And I prayed, “Lord, if I must live with a paralyzed arm for the rest of my life, then give me the strength to be able to do so and make the most of it.”

On September 16, 1982, two months to the day after my hang gliding accident I moved my little finger and by January 1983 I was back on the ski slopes.

Time and time again the Lord has sometimes answered “Yes” to my prayers and sometimes “No” and I cannot number the number of times the both “Yes” and “No” have in time proved the Lord is indeed wise enough to know the right answers …for yes “I know from whence my help commeth, my help commeth from the Lord.”

Was the arm completely healed? No, not completely, but I can type, play the piano, lift…and those weakened areas when I move my arm to certain places…well, God taught to be healed from having to be completely healed.

To view the blog that has the serialization OF HIS NOVEL “RUST ON MY SOUL” (each Tuesday a new episode added) and innovative thoughts on a variety of subjects CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/
********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment