Wednesday, June 30, 2010

O LOVE THAT WILL NOT LET ME GO


(Use in your personal or church newsletters) (365 stories a year)

Serialization of Neil’s Internationally Distributed Novel (Rust On My Soul) (Published by Bridge Press (1985) starts on his blog Wyrick’s Writings Tuesday April 13th and continues each Tuesday until finished. Thursday and Sunday will continue to cover a variety of subjects.

To view the blog that has this serialization CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
****************************************************************************

George Matheson who wrote, “O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go” went blind at an early age.

The woman he loved most almost tore his life in two.

But George Matheson still wrote this magnificent hymn.

Beethoven, great master of music, at the very summit of his career went stone deaf. He could not even hear his own last symphony played, but Beethoven did not run over in a corner and pout or play out the rest of his existence in an extended nothingness.

Rather, he stayed in the stream of life writing even more brilliantly than before.

Henry Van Dyke who knew his share of pain wrote…

“With eager heart and will on fire,
I sought to win my great desire.
“Peace shall be mine, “I said, but life
Grew bitter in the endless strife.

My soul was weary, and myh pride
Was wounded deep. To heaven I cried
“God give me peace or I must die.”
The dumb stars glittered no reply.

Broken at last I bowed my head
Forgetting all myself and said;
“Whatever comes His wil be done,”
And in that moment peace was won.

They loved life and met their challenges with action and attitudes that said “I will give my best even on those days I feel my worst.” And we are blessed by such fortitude as were they.

"Be Wise"
“Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.” Ephesians 5:15-17

************************
Below are recent Titles on Neil’s other blog Wyrick’sWritings blog To read them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

May 27 2010 …DO YOU HAVE A PHD IN COMPLAINING?
May 23 2010…WHAT IS A FOOL?
May 9 2010 …WHAT IS MEEKNESS?
May 6 2010 …HOW HEAVY WAS THE LAST GRUDGE YOU HELD?
April 15 2010 …DO YOU BELIEVE IN DEVILS?

Have you considered sharing this site with family or friends? ANOTHER WAY OF DOING THIS…

Just have them go to Google Search and type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE

NEIL’S 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN” IS AVAILABLE ON Amazon.com’s KINDLE READER.

No comments:

Post a Comment